Thursday, September 23, 2004

Definition, An Awesome Song, Etc

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That's my tinkerbell, a.k.a. "stinkerbell" and I need her for my definition. This dog is my baby - she doesn't have a mean bone in her body.  She's the sweetest little being I've ever known.

Since I use this word often, and it was in my "Happiness is..." entry, I figured I'd better define it....

squoogie (pronounced: skwoo gee):

1. noun: the state of animals, usually dogs, when you pet them in just the right spot for a while. Mine loved to be scratched under their collars.  Their faces fall, all the facial muscles relax, and they look ridiculous, yet adorable. Look at Peanut.  He's all squoogie. 

2. verb: (squooge) A type of snuggling, usually involving lots of covers and a big pillow, or just getting into bed and getting comfortable.  Let's squooge. 

3. noun or adjective: a state of total and complete lovey-doveyness, including sappy, sweet, sentimental types of moments.  Look at the squoogie card he gave me! or... Oh jeez, Mom's all squoogie again.

Of course, this definition can be altered to fit the mood, and since its a verb, a noun, or an adjective already it can be whatever you want it to be.

*********************************************

I love this song!!!  Since I scored that new Seether CD - Disclaimer II(thank you to The Peak @ 100.3 FM), I've been listening to it non-stop.  I love Broken, obviously (who doesn't) but I found this other song that just rocks.

It seems to describe almost perfectly the heartbreak I went through recently, the lyrics are beautiful (I'm way into lyrics) and the rhythms and riffs are just amazing.  Since my ex (not the heartbreak referenced) was a drummer in a band (yep I was a groupie, legally contracted by marriage) I got to see first hand what the creative process can entail, and I've grown to really appreciate every aspect of a song when I like it.  (Especially when its not canned pop, ie...well, I won't name names, but one of my pet peeves is "artists" who don't write or play or even barely sing their own music)

Sold Me

Well here I stand before myself and I see something's out of place

You've tasted all my purity and now there's nothing left to waste

The feeling gets so in my way, its getting lost in my delivery

The feeling gets so in my way, I'm getting lost in your periphery

 

Then you sold me up the river again (I don't wanna be alone again

And you made me start all over (I don't wanna be alone again)

You moved me, and soothed me, then you fought me (I don't wanna be alone again

And you left me wondering, what the hell

what is wrong with me?

 

I never felt like I had failed until the day you came undone

I never felt like I was lost untilthe day you killed me again

The feeling gets so in my way, its getting lost in my delivery

The feeling gets so in my way, I'm getting lost in your periphery

 

Then you sold me up the river again (I don't wanna be alone again)

And you made me start all over (I don't wanna be alone again)

You moved me, and soothed me, then you fought me (I don't wanna be alone again)

And you left me wondering, what the hell

What is wrong with me?

 

Are you stronger for cutting me open?

Are you stronger for leaving me broken?

 

If any of you out there like alternative music - check it out, its worth it.

 

CYA: Copyright 2004 Wind-up Records, LLC, Distributed by BMG Distribution, a unit of BMG Entertainment.  http://www.seether.com

 

********************************************************

 

Happy Thursday People!!!

1 comment:

kuhlhiggins said...

I love the words to Sold Me. It is exactly how I felt when I told my ex to hit the bricks.