Sunday, September 12, 2004

stinky puppies aren't much fun

I've been putting off bathing these dorks all morning.  I use this special oatmeal shampoo that you have to leave on for ten minutes, and its a pain in the butt to keep them both in the tub at the same time.  Also, to punish me, Peenit will ignore me and heave huge sighs for the rest of the afternoon.

Its at the point where I just can't stand it anymore.  Tink's a bizarre dingy grey color, and the nut looks and smells awful.

Other zoological news:  BooBoo the giant puppy decided one of my whisky barrels would be a great place to take a nap.  Since she was hot, she also decided she needed to move the soil around to find a cool place.  When I went outside she was curled in a little ball inside the whiskey barrel, with morning glory remains and top soil all around on the ground.  Even the spring bulbs were uprooted.  I could have killed her.  She did that defense move where they look at you with giant brown eyes ... her head turned slightly to the right...she was just too cute to strangle, so I went off in a huff.

BooBoo has also figured out how to open Toby's gate.  So I came home the other night and Toby Pony had devoured all the morning glories from the front fence and all the roses that were doing their last bloom of the season. 

Can we say 'too many animals'??

grrrr off to hose down the two little stinkers....

happy Sunday people!!

1 comment:

kuhlhiggins said...

Aww,
BooBoo knew she did wrong that is why she gave you the pitiful look.
Kathy