Friday, September 17, 2004

Up the down staircase

Don't ask.  Its Friday and I'm loopier than usual.  I'm also caught up and...you guessed it....BORED.

Ever watch ants?  So I'm a little bizarre sometimes (ok well most of the time) but the other day I was bored out of my mind waiting for Emily to get off the phone at her dad's house and there was this eency weency little ant hill near the sidewalk in front of his house.  You know those little teeny ants?  The ones that are even smaller than the sugar ants?  Anyway what struck me is that their little trails were so psycho.  They stuck to them like crazy, and they were like little arteries leading in each direction (north, south, east, west) with little vessels branching off from there.  There were so many of them and they move so fast and so close together that the trails were perfectly clear.  They all move so purposefully.  If I had wanted to, and if I didn't believe in not hurting any living being, I could have really thrown off their groove, but I didn't. 

When I took Philosophy WAY back in like 94 or something we went over all these different creation theories and one was about some grand creator that was like a puppet master, watching over us, controlling every move....for some reason I associated that with me watching the ants.  What a freaky concept...imagining some guy up there who could really throw off our groove if he wanted to.....

Sometimes I think TOO much, huh.

************************************************************************************

One of my best friends in high school was like that - she'd come up with these bizarre out of the purple things - if you didn't know her well you probably would have thought she dropped acid each day, but she never ever did.  She was on her own little permanent trip, all natural, all by herself.  Anyway, she once approached me with one of those theories, and it went a little something like this....

Look at the tip of your thumb.  Imagine you have a little world just like earth permanently attached to the tip of your thumb, about the size of a grain of sand.  But dude...what if we're like....a little world on the tip of someone's thumb.

Whoa! 

She's probably a philosophy professor somewhere by now.

************************************************************************************

Joke of the day as told by my brilliant daughter, Emily:  Two guys walk into a bar.  You'd have thought one of them woulda ducked....

*************************************************************************************

There's my little AOL-J trip for today.  Hopefully it made you laugh.  I needed to lighten up over here, jeez.  Way too much heavy lately.

Happy Friday - Happy almost weekend - Happy, period.

muah!!

No comments: