Friday, September 3, 2004

YEEHAW & Dirty Old Men

Thank you bloggerhelp angels for teaching me how to put files up that are big without borders!!  muah!!  Next step - web links that appear like blue text.  I wanna try that next.  I'm still trying to delete that p.o.s. webpage circa 2001 and it won't let me.  It won't let me make a new one either, or rename or edit the old one.  What's weird is that its named index.qp.  What the heck is a qp file?

Guess who's goin' to the fair tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Who??  Who??  KRIS IS!!!  I am psyched.  And, since its a three day weekend, we're going TWICE.  oh yeah, uh huh, oh yeah, uh huh.

I asked Dan the Man (my boss) if he was going, and his response was he hated going anywhere that made you feel like you need a shower after walking through the gates.  Wimp.   They're gonna have classes to teach you how to make ristras (red chile ristras are gorgeous - there's a pic posted on my you know you're from NM if...post), and the Arabian horse show is tomorrow and I'm gonna finally get my Navajo taco and frybread.  I wish to gawd I had a digital camera to take pics....maybe I'll find my regular camera or something.  Clay Aiken is performing tonight but I'm not going.  I think he's adorkable, and you know my nerd thing, but (sorry Clay) its not worth the ticket price they want.  Reba's coming too, and everyone's all psyched about that, but I just can't get into her music.  Someone told me that in addition to the deep fried twinkies and oreos, you can try deep fried cookie dough this year.  GAG.  Ya know that's just wrong.  Dirty and nasty.

ANYWAYS I'm more excited than my kids I think.  I'm a dork.

*********************************************************************************

I work for a heavy underground construction firm.  My dad was a contractor so I've been on and around jobsites since I was tiny, and I love the industry.  There are always a few characters though, and one I work with is just hilarious.  He's 71, one of our superintendents, and cute as heck.  He is a dirty old man though.

Now I'm not one of those 'womyn' who get really excited about those things.  I think they're behaving instinctually and they honestly either can't help it or can't suppress it.  I guess you really can't take stuff too seriously in this industry.  Its still kind of behind the times with the sexual equality thing.  Either way, this guy is comical.  He's been married for forever but can't stand to be around his wife for very long.  He begs for out of town jobs so he's only home for a bit.  He prefers to miss her, he says.  He flirts constantly.  I have to be really careful with him for that reason, because he gets the wrong idea and gets carried away really easily.  He thinks he's Rico Suave or something.  He loves Selena (so do I) and he wants me to get him tapes of her cumbias so he can blast them in the truck.

Anyway he called me yesterday and said there were two fine girls walking down the street with skirts that were about two inches from waist to the end.  I started laughing - my daughter likes to try to wear one that's not that bad, and I call it 'the belt'.  Anyway, he tells me 'don't worry Kris, I've got my eyes closed'.  Yeah RIGHT.  So he tells me he'll be working until he dies, and then proceeds to tell me his preferred way to go. 

He wants to be shot in the butt by a jealous husband while fleeing out a woman's bedroom window.

I swear I found that to be just freakin' hilarious.  If you saw this man you'd understand.  He probably was fine as heck in his day, but he's 71 years old, little, Hispanic.... I can't picture him fleeing anywhere, much less a bedroom window.  I'm picturing those little aging nargas (bunsies) hanging out and its cracking me up.

********************************************************************************

PS Since my little journals picking up some readers (I'm truly humbled and flattered by that - sniff!!) do any of y'all know anything about back pain?  How long should I let this go?  Its still there, right above my right shoulder blade (like Northeast, lol) just as intense - can't move my head or right arm or even breathe without it hurting - and its worse at night and in the morning before I loosen up.  What gives?  Massages DON'T help.  Louie's given me several and left me bruised and sore.  It may be because he has those incredibly sexy but entirely strong masculine hands, but he's still not doing that anymore.  Heating pads maybe?  Is it doctor time?

Stupid boobs.  I hate them.

******************************************************************************

Happy Labor-less Day weekend people!!!!!

2 comments:

kuhlhiggins said...

LOL. How funny.
Kathy

phlskygirl said...

Have you ever wondered how and why the letters A, B, C, D, DD, E, F, G, and H are used to define bra sizes?  Here goes!

{A} Almost Boobs...

{B} Barely there.

{C} Can't Complain!

{D} Dang!

{DD} Double Dang!

{E} Enormous!

{F} Fake.

{G} Get a Reduction.

{H} Help me, I've fallen and I can't get up!