Friday, October 15, 2004

Random Wisdom

One night I had a wondrous dream,

One set of footprints there was seen,

The footprints of the Goddess they were,

But mine were not along the shore.



But then some stranger prints appeared,

and I asked Her, "What have we here?

These prints are large and round and neat

But much too big to be from feet."



"My child," She said in somber tones,

"For miles I carried you alone.

I challenged you to walk in faith,

But you refused and made me wait."



"You would not learn, you would not grow,

The walk of faith, you would not know,

So I got tired, I got fed up,

And there I dropped you on your butt.



"Because in life, there comes a time.

When one must fight, and one must climb,

When one must rise and take a stand,

Or leave their butt prints in the sand."



Author Unknown

**********************************************************************************

The moral of the story....whine complain moan all you want and I'll listen and offer support, but refuse to do anything about it or learn from your mistakes and I'm not feeling sorry for you anymore.  Nyah.

**********************************************************************************

Its FRIDAY!!!  Its also Boss's Day...so.....

Since I have the best boss in the whole wide world, who not only spoils me rotten but puts up with all the weirdos he hired, I'm gonna get him a treat and I got a card for him too.  Just because I love him like that.  Never ever do I take for granted that I have the most wonderful job in the world, and 80% of that is because he's my boss.

He puts up with me firing everyone randomly on a daily basis, and me taking out my bizarre nightmares on him, and me racking up huge repair bills on his vehicle, and my general smart butt behavior.  Not only that, but he puts up with more from the rest of the weirdos he hired.

Coneheads rule.  (that's how we identify ourselves now)

So, if any of you out there have similarly cool bosses or bossettes...be sure and let them know.  I don't think they hear it enough and now you have an excuse to express your gratitude.  I'm thinking of one person in particular who writes cusswords to her boss on the community whiteboard on a daily basis....and gets them in return.  (AILEEN) 

***********************************************************************************

On that happy note, I'm still psyched about fall and I'm still psyched about our action filled weekend plans and I'm still psyched about Halloween so everyone is just forced to deal with it.

I'm also experiencing Friday hyperactivity.

Have a wonderful Friday and weekend everyone, and don't forget to hug your boss today!!

 

MUAH!

3 comments:

kuhlhiggins said...

Cute butt prints in the sand. I liked that.
Love,
Kat

andreakingme said...

Well shoot. I forgot today was Boss Day. I have a great boss, too. He's never around, but he's a good guy.

He's not around right now either . . .

Maybe I'll bake a cake for Monday. Yeah. Cake is good.

hestiahomeschool said...

I LOVE that take on the footprints story!!!