Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Shiny Happy People Holding Hands

 

 

 

 

 

 

Shiny Happy People

Shiny happy people laughing
Meet me in the crowd
People people
Throw your love around
Love me love me
Take it into town
Happy happy
Put it in the ground
Where the flowers grow
Gold and silver shine

Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing

Everyone around love them, love them
Put it in your hands
Take it take it
There’s no time to cry
Happy happy
Put it in your heart
Where tomorrow shines
Gold and silver shine

Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing

Berry, Buck, Mills, Stipe. ©1991.

FIRST OFF:  My wonderful beautiful talented intelligent marvelous awesome daughter Emily brought home a report card with straight A's.  She's amazing.

YOU ROCK EMMERS!!! 

**************************************

Other than that, I have no idea why I'm feeling the love today, but I am.  Maybe its because I saw Bill Clinton backing Kerry on the news this morning (Bubba always makes me happy) or maybe its because I have the most wonderful boss in the whole world, or maybe its because I'm sick of everyone being so divided and pessimistic or maybe, just maybe.....

I've completely lost it and you're experiencing the residual.

Who knows?

I'm just tired of being snippy and the lil spitfire's gonna be full of love and life today.

So there.

All day long, every day, for a  very long time we've been slammed with negativity and I'm so very glad that its almost over.  (Don't forget to vote early and often, everyone)

I'm smiling a lot today, feeling good about myself and others, trying to be optimistic, and forgetting about the current state of affairs.

Emily and I were talking the other day about how nice it would have been (IN SOME WAYS) to live in the 50's and around then when things were good, we had such a high level of optimism, most people had enough money for basic needs, and we felt safe.  Kids could play outside without fear, the biggest worry was cigarette smoking (gasp!) and that darn rock n' roll music... and people felt good about where they were.  There's so much more on our plates today, and for a 13 year old to bring it up....its just a powerful statement. 

Anyway I decided that the optimism we felt in the 90's (and the 50's for that matter) comes from a collective energy that we create.  I don't want to be scared and stressed about world issues, disease, hunger, our next president, the economy, MONEY, and how hard life can be ... so just for today...

I'm not. 

MUAH have a wonderful Tuesday everybody.

********************************************************

(Shameless plug:  Anybody who wants to visit Emily and congratulate her on that awesome report card....feel free.  My dad never was excited about my good grades so I never got excited - I'm breaking the cycle, obviously.)

 

5 comments:

kuhlhiggins said...

Kris,
That is so cool that your daughter Emily got straight A's. Her journal is cute. You know what Kris Bubba makes me happy too. He is sexy. I am sorry I missed seeing him on the news this morning. I hope that he will be on the news later today. Have a great Tuesday.
Love,
Kat

cneinhorn said...

wonderful e ntry, and way to go Emily!  :-)
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

sharkie412 said...

Congrats on your daughter's grades. That is just plain GOOD. :) The fact that you are giving her such encouragement...keep giving it. She'll love it and want to keep doing that good. :)

andreakingme said...

Er. I'm not feeling shiny happiness today. I feel more along the lines of discombobulated funkism. Is this okay? All I want is me blankey and bed. Some chocolate, a good book and to be left the frick alone. Grumble, grumble.

It's Wednesday. Only two more days to go this week! Wah-hoo. Humph.

emenemz said...

HE HE you are all proud of me arnt you mommie dear.  AND so you wont tell me to any more... I will not get anything lower than a C+ ok. ANd if its lower I know to kill my self on the count of that you will try to kill me later!!!

Love you mommie deary,
Emily