Sunday, October 17, 2004

Sunday Randomness

Boy do I ever need a better camera.  Anyway...

We went to the "punkin patch" as my little one calls it and had a blast!!!  There's a 13 acre corn maze.  I have been around different kinds of farms all my life, but I have never walked through corn before.  That was freaky.  We've all seen too many horror flicks where they're running through a corn field to escape something....my favorite is the last scene in Twister....anyway it was fun as heck.  This feed corn grows about 8' high and is so dense you can't see through it or over it.  We walked through 2.5 miles of corn maze (in the shape of a stagecoach with two horses), got as lost and as discombobulated as we could, and finally found our way out.  For those brave souls....you can try to do that maze at night as well, which would be freaky and fun as heck, but that's too far a drive for a night maze. 

I also went on my very first hayride (if you want to call it that - I always pictured a hayride as a horse pulled old wagon, but these were two flatbed trailers with haybales for seats being pulled by a backhoe), and visited my very first pumpkin patch.  I have never seen so many pumpkins in my entire life.    We got one each (so four of them)  GIANT friggin pumpkins and they were $4 each.  That monster daddy one up there is about 2.5' high and weighs about 30 lbs.  So Louie and I sat and pondered, since the pumpkins range in price from $1-7....how big would a $7 pumpkin have to be?!?   HOLY GREAT PUMPKIN CHARLIE BROWN.

By the way for all you Peanuts fans out there...the pumpkin patch is not a place you'd like to sit down and hang out at.  Lots of vines with tons of little pokey things on them.  They dry out before the pumpkins are ready to harvest, and there were some burr weeds mixed up with them, so its definately not a place you'd wanna hang out at for long.

************************************************************************

We also went to go see Shark Tales yesterday.  Its cute.  Not Finding Nemo, but definately not lame either.  I have this scale of animated features...sort of a continuum if you will....with Lion King (the original) at the very tippy top and wretched stuff at the bottom.  I was trying to think of something wretched....The Doug Movie.  So Shark Tales falls just below Finding Nemo but above Rugrats in Paris.  Does that make any sense?

I hate TV but I LOVE cartoons.  I watch them constantly and love animated features.  Thank goodness I have children so I don't look like a dork going to see them. 

***********************************************************************

My friends (from Albuquerque) just relocated to Denmark and sent me a bunch of pictures that made me go....AWWWW....sigh!  They're so in love....soulmates....sigh!!  Anyway, I got to looking at these pics and ya know what?  I wanna go to Denmark now.  Check it out!

See my life's so jam-packed with ... well, ya know....LIFE that I have to live vicariously through others.

***********************************************************************

Have a wonderful Sunday people .... its all rainy and cloudy here so I'm gonna squooge up and snuggle in and draw.

Muah!!

6 comments:

kuhlhiggins said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun at the pumpkin patch.  Walking through corn fields does sound freaky. Gosh it really sounds scary going through it at night. I don't think there is enough money in the world for me to do that. I am a big scaredy cat.
Love,
Kat

emenemz said...

Mommy it was so fun!! And the Doug Movie did suck!! But anyway Lion King was so coolso you hurt me deeply!!

And thank you for the cell phone you rock but
still hurt me deeply!!!

**Em**

hestiahomeschool said...

My kids and DH went to see Shark Tales today. They said it was okay....we are supposed to go to a corn maze this week. Last year my husband ended up leading four other lost families out of one. ROFL

andreakingme said...

I'm a dork! I go to see cartoons in the movie theater (but I have my husband with me so, you know). I cried during Disney's movie MULAN! When she finally got her due -- when all of the men who'd been treating the boy they thought she was so badly -- I lost it! It was great.

Whoa, it's looks nice and green over in Denmark. I'd like to go ... unless I have to get a shot. You know?

phlskygirl said...

1).  Did I ever mention that pumpkin pie is my favorite??
2).  Did you know that my mailman delivers pies, and that you have my address?

cneinhorn said...

We just were at a corn maze too! Fun!  Except our niece took off (as she later explained, she was having too much fun and didn't want to leave) and got lost (of coarse) but there was a guy in a life-guard type chair who sought her out and we got her, but those things are tricky!  You really can get lost in them, LOL.  Lovely photo of Denmark!  So pretty!
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl