Wednesday, October 6, 2004

Things I'd like to do before I die

Since I've been taking care of kids and/or a mom since I was 8, I haven't had the chance to do a lot of things that grownups without kids get to do.  I saw this poll on a website recently and decided I'd answer it here. 

So.....

15 things I'd like to do before I die.

1.   Travel to another country (besides Mexico or Canada).

2.  Graduate from college (almost there!!), maybe even my MBA.  BIG MAYBE.

3.  Get back down to pre-baby fighting weight (working on it)

4.  Be an exercise FREAK!  ( and like it, and get Angelina Jolie arms...AR AR AR  )

5.  Go back to New Orleans for an extended period of time.

6.  Get over my fear of heights.

7.  Own a classic car...preferably a 1967 Mustang, cherry red, with a huge engine.  RAWR!!!

8.  Own an RV and drive all over.

9.  Watch my girls go out into the world and KICK BUTT.

10.  See the ocean.  (I live in New Mexico, and no I didn't get to see it when I was in New Orleans.  I saw the Mississippi River though, which was awesome in itself.  I totally understand Mark Twain now)

11.  Learn to knit/sew/crochet/quilt or something like that.

12.  Learn construction management and how to read a set of prints

13.  Resolve all the conflict with my dad and step-mom.

14.  Find my spiritual path and get centered (I'm well on my way).

15.  Learn how to make that pink cherry jello stuff that Louie's mom makes without it getting all liquidy and looking like vomit.  I know she's leaving something out on purpose. 

I swear she just doesn't WANT me to make that stuff.  (I'm kidding)  Maybe she can just teach me how to make that red chile sauce that's to die for.  Or her tortillas....or biscochitos.....or empanadas....SOMETHING.

 

*******************************************************************************

There are so many more but I didn't want you to be scrolling till next month.  Feel free to add your own!!

Happy Wednesday!!

2 comments:

kuhlhiggins said...

Your answers are cool. Right now my big thing is going to NYC. Now that I have lost my weight and taken my vacations for this year I am going to try to go next year. I have always wanted to to there.
Love,
Kathy

phlskygirl said...

I've always wanted to learn how to play classical guitar...  I'm not sure what's stopping me, but it CERTAINLY isn't the left-handed Gibson collecting dust in my hallway closet!!