Monday, November 15, 2004

All's well in Emsville

My baby's all growed up.  She didn't cry once.  We actually made each other giggle while I stared intently at the vanilla-colored wall and tried to tune out all the nasty noises.  LALALALALALALA 

Thank goodness her podiatrist is so cool.  She's resting comfortably, but I need to go be a mama.  Since she's getting older, I don't get this opportunity too often, so I'm taking advantage.  I love to baby my girls....

I'm gonna be the kinda mom I don't have, I swear.  When she's 45 I'll be calling going 'Emmy did you brush your teeth today?'  

I just love her so much.  God forbid she ever has to have anything real done - they'll have to sedate me.

Although, (tooting my own horn) when Kayla had a febrile seizure on her first Christmas, I was completely calm, called 911, made sure she was breathing and comfortable....and only allowed myself to cry when she came around again and everything was ok.  When she fell and busted her head so wide open her skull was showing, I calmly and collectively drove her to the E.R. without barfing or passing out once.  (Kayla's middle name is Danger)  It can be done, see....I can find it when I need it.

Anyway off I go to baby the teenager I never get to baby anymore....

Nite!!

4 comments:

gizmosmom321 said...

I am glad everything went okay with your daughters procedure.  Of course wants her mom, Every girl wants there mom when there is something going on.  I am one of those girls.  If I have a doc's appointment, and It is a time my mom can come with me, that is who I want.  No one is like Mommy!!!!!!
(((hugs))))
Leigh

phlskygirl said...

Where were you when I had an irregular pap and had to have an icky calposcopy done, huh??  Where were you when I was totally grossed out because I could smell my own flesh burning from the freaking soddering iron they were using to seal up the HOLE of the chunk of FLESH they had to remove, huh?  Where were you when I needed chicken soup to ease the post-surgical cramps that made me curl up in bed for two days, huh?  WHERE WERE YOU, "MOM"???

Oopsy, I didn't know you then.  My bad.

kuhlhiggins said...

Kris,
Your daughter is so lucky to have a Mother like you. You are great!!
Love,
Kat

andreakingme said...

You're a good mom, Kris, a very good mom.

(Poor Kayla. A febrile seizure? I've got to find out what that is.)