Friday, November 19, 2004

Sleep deprived weirdo

Last night was a comedy of errors I felt I just had to annoy my reading audience with.

Last night/this morning we had a thunderstorm to end all thunderstorms.  It was huge and loud and bright and sleep just wasn't coming too easy.  This was at about 1:30-2:00 AM.  So, picture me all snuggy warm in my bed (yes UNDER the covers, Aileen) with my two little doggies, trying desperately to sleep through this horrific loud obnoxious thunderstorm.  I was having a hard time.  I finally drift off amid loud claps of thunder when I feel something cold on my face.

I'm not awake enough at all to distinguish where I am, let alone where the cold sensation on my face is coming from, so I close my eyes again.  There it is again, but this time its bigger and I know what it is.  Its water.  Freezing water.  Dripping on my face.  From my roof.

Now, I don't know what the exact square footage of my house is, but its a three bedroom, two bath home with a living room, kitchen, a den and an attached enclosed porch.  Imagine all the square footage, and the leak happens at a location directly above my squoogie pillow on my squoogie comfortable bed.  Amazing.  I mean, imagine the odds.  The water was landing right near my eye.  If only I could apply this beating the odds luck game to something like ... THE LOTTERY?!?!

Apparently the wind blew off some roof panels in the middle of the night and hence the leakage.

Anyway, so here I am in my giant t-shirt with bed hair trying to move around an queen sized antique iron and brass bed at 2 AM, trying to position cups and bowls to catch the water, and throwing towels everywhere. 

Right on?   Oh yeah, right on.

********************************

The dress I ordered for the party hasn't arrived yet, and I'm pacing.  If it doesn't get here by tomorrow I'm screwed. 

Here it is:

Kinda pretty, huh.  I like it.  Like I said, if the pics are good, I'll post them.

***********************

Anyway I guess I'd better like, work...or something. 

Have a wonderful Friday!!

MUAH =)

2 comments:

kuhlhiggins said...

Oh Kris that sounds so annoying that your roof leaked right over your bed while you were trying to sleep. I hope that your dress arrives before tomorrow. It is pretty. Hope you have a great day.
Love,
Kat

phlskygirl said...

Yay!  You picked "my" dress!!  

Oh, and a <wink-wink> @ your actually being under the covers!   ;o)~