Friday, November 5, 2004

Typical Friday Loops

So this is the coolest stuff ever.  I got this for Halloween, along with some black nail polish that's also cool, but I've had so much fun with this.

First I did a sort of french manicure using this stuff as the white tip paint.  Cool.  Then I did black with this over it.  Also cool.  Now I've just got it all by itself.  I tried to take a pic of it, but with my lousy camera I failed miserably.

I even painted my toenails glow in the dark.

Yes, I know, simple minds, simple pleasures but this is fun stuff.  Now I'm wondering what ELSE I could paint with this stuff.  C'mon I know you guys can help me think of stuff.  I was thinking maybe my keys...my dogs toenails....'kris rules' on the side of my car...(JUST KIDDING)....

I just wonder if there are other glow in the dark products out there, like lip gloss, or hair spray, or mascara.....heh I could have barrels o'fun with that.

So I get excited over simple, extraordinarily cheesy things.  At least I'm not high maintenance.

************************************************************************************

I've noticed that when I'm sick and my asthma's flaring up I make very little sense, and my reason and logic capabilities go to the crapper (not that those are my strong points anyway).  I wonder if that's my brain being oxygen deprived.  Its probably a combination of that and overdosing on albuterol inhalers and nebulizers.  Do you think an oxygen deprived brain turns blue?  I mean your lips turn blue if you have a bad asthma attack....

Anyone with asthma can tell you this disease is wicked.  When I get a cold I feel like there's one of those Bugs Bunny anvils on my chest, and after a while it actually physically hurts to breathe.  Your muscles get exhausted.  The last real bad one was so terrifying - I felt like I was drowning.  After a while your lungs just can't take the strain anymore and they collapse.  That's when the real fun begins....intubation, pumping you full of albuterol, oxygen....its a blast.

Albuterol is a necessary evil for asthmatics.  That's what our rescue inhalers are full of, and the side effect is that is hypes you up so much you want to crawl right out of your skin.  You shake, you're hyper, your heart pounds....really fun stuff.  Anyway, we also put that in the nebulizer, which is a machine that mists the stuff so you can inhale it.  It penetrates faster that way, and makes you twice as jicky.  Its the only thing that works though, hence the necessary evil ...

So, my usual Friday hyperactivity is doubled by the side effects of good ole albuterol. 

Whee!!!!

Breathing is good.  We like breathing.  Take a deep breath right now - see how good it feels?  Take a big huge one....and try not to take that for granted.  I know I don't.

***********************************************************************************

The election is over, and although I really don't wanna go there or take y'all there....

I'm still scratching my head.  What happened??  Where do we go from here? 

Michael Moore sent out a '17 Reasons Not To Slit Your Wrists' e-mail.  The #1 reason is that it would be illegal for W to run again. 

11 states ruled against gay marriage.  Sometimes this country embarasses me. 

I'm scared, honestly.  Trying to be my forever optimistic self....help me out here.

I heard of two unrealistic scenarios:  First the blue states form their own country, with Kerry - no wait, CLINTON -  as president.  Second, all us democrats infiltrate the republican party and infect them with our social liberalism and values and fiscal responsiblity. 

OR we could all move to Australia.  Or Canada.  Or England.  Or Denmark.

I'm JOKING.

I have many republican friends who I love dearly, some of them even online.  I wish we weren't so polarized.  It'll get better.  I know it will.

***********************************************************************************

Have a wonderful Friday everyone.

muah!

4 comments:

andreakingme said...

Paint your cell phone. The hardward on your computer. Anything that's inanimate! (Before long, someone will come for you with a straight jacket. It's okay. Hold tight.)

Thanks for making me all breathless here! One of my phobias is not being able to breathe. I have no good reason for this; guess that's why it's a phobia. Anyway, I have this recurring dream that I'm swimming under water and that it's time to surface for a breath. When I get to the top though, there's a sheet of ice or glass across the water and I can't break through it.

Never came close to drowning as a kid. I don't know why I have that stupid dream. Why can't I dream about Johnny Depp instead?

kuhlhiggins said...

Kris,
I bet your fingernails and toenails look so cool. I am sorry to her about your asthma.
Love,
Kat

slowmotionlife said...

Love the glow in the dark nail polish. Great photo!  And very spooky for Halloween.  LOL  My MIL paints her cell phone with nailpolish.  When she gets sick of a color, she just uses a little nail polish remover and it's gone.  My guess is that you could put it on almost anything.  Enjoy!  :D

cneinhorn said...

very cool nailpolish!  I'v enever seen that before!
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl