Saturday, December 4, 2004

Anyway...

 

 

 

 

 

The strangest thing...

Our furnace has finally given up the ghost, may it rest in peace.  There's some sort of short in it and it arcs every time you plug it in, lights flash and fuses blow.  Its done, I'm ready to bid it farewell. 

Thank goodness for electric space heaters. 

***

Last night I lit some candles and burned some incense for Alberto (and for me), had a little Bailey's (thanks Aileen!!!), got into the bed, left the TV off, and I slept like a baby.  That never happens anymore.  I woke up feeling so rested and wonderful.  I never take that for granted.

I snore like a train (from what I've been told) so restful sleep is rare.  Apparently my dogs are used to it.  Asthmatics have extremely small air passages by definition, so we're very prone to apnea.  (No I can't spell, I'm an accountant.)

So, this morning I did my new Winsor Pilates tape for the first time.  That stuff's not easy.  I'm hurting, but I feel better.  (As if THAT made any sense.)  My lower back has been out all week, but the exercises I did today actually helped that.  I learned where my powerhouse or whatever is, and I feel good.  I'm sore as heck, but I feel really good.  My back's not hurting.  I do feel taller.  Go figure. 

Know what I hate?  Exercise really does cure most ills.  I hate that everyone's right about that.  I hate exercise.  Everything that bugs me about life right now (just about) can be cured by exercise.  I can admit that, but its difficult.  I hate that.  I wish we had some sort of pill for that.  An exercise pill.  Or something we could hook up while we sleep.  Eh, I'll get over it.

****

I'm here at the office in my quiet space and no one has bugged me.  I cranked the heater up so I'm not in my usual freezing state, and its kinda nice.  I soaked in more auditing information today than  I have in a long time, and I have to think its because I have absolute peace. 

My final's Tuesday at 5:15.  I'm more than nervous about this.

***

I love this time of year - the build up to the holiday season.  I wish so much that I had some extra money or something to shop with, but there really is zilch this year, so I'm going to enjoy the season.  Maybe this spoiled rotten employee will get a huge bonus or something (he usually does that) but I'm not counting on it this year.  It'll be a nice surprise if it happens.  Meanwhile, we're gonna bake and check out christmas lights and watch carolers and enjoy this time of year.  Its one of my favorites.  I never get tired of watching the grinch or that cheesy rudolph or any of the other christmas specials.  I'm a weirdo.

***

Finally, thank you SO MUCH to all of my friends who really propped me up and helped me get through yesterday.  I am truly blessed to have the wonderful friends that I have.  I even got random kindness from a very rare source who's been sort of a pain in the butt for the last six months.  That was extremely refreshing and valuable to me.  I'll never forget that. 

Thank you.  All of you.  I feel extremely blessed and fortunate today.  I haven't felt this kind of love in a very long time.  Y'all rock.

MUAH!!

 

1 comment:

kuhlhiggins said...

I am glad that you slept well last night. I am glad you weren't bothered while at the office. Good luck on your final.
Love,
Kat