Thursday, December 2, 2004

In Loving Memory....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I miss you tons mi corazon.  Every single day.

I found an ancient journal entry that sums it up pretty well.

Tuesday, December 03, 2002

One of the most beautiful souls in this drab sorry world is leaving for a better place. After 9 years of suffering with that horrid disease, AIDS, his body is finally too tired to carry on the fight. This man has touched so many lives, in so many positive ways...its such a horrible waste that such a wonderful person has to die at such at terribly young age. AIDS is one that kills slowly, and he's been in pain as long as I've known him. He has been here for me always, when so many turned their backs. He's always the one who's honest and caring and an example of how good people are supposed to be. His salsa is the best I've ever had. He's the best at arranging flowers and decorating rooms and dressing me and my children.

I wish I could take this from him. I wish I could make it better. I wish it wasn't him. He's the only one in my life who hasn't let me down. He's never made a promise he didn't keep.

For the longest time I begged him to hold on, but I realized today I was being selfish in not wanting to let him go. I gave him permission today, as I kissed his forehead and held his hand and stroked his cheek. He is one that will shine forever in our hearts, and will be sorely missed. No more tears, no more pain sweetie. Go.

Alberto I love you, may you rest in peace honey.

3 comments:

kuhlhiggins said...

I am sorry that Alberto died. He sounded like a wonderful person.
Love,
Kat

kdwsunshine said...

I know that he is in peace.....I will say a prayer for you.....

hugs,
Kathi

cneinhorn said...

I'm so sorry......~JerseyGirl