Friday, December 17, 2004

Some questions answered....

At what point(s) in your life have or had you felt at your best, or most beautiful, and why?

:::Stunned silence:::

You know my first answer would have been when I in my late teens...but then I thought naw, I was still so very insecure about stuff then.  Starving myself, hair falling out in clumps, bones showing....obviously that wasn't a great time in my life. 

Then, I thought of a better time ... right before my divorce, I was feeling so strong.  All during my marriage I was told I wasn't intelligent, wasn't attractive, I was ignored and blown off, and my self esteem was pretty much in the toilet.  Then I decided I was going back to college, and once I started attending UNM I realized that with my 4.0 the first semester I wasn't stupid (its still a 3.7 thank you very much), and with the attention I was getting from guys on campus (younger and older) I wasn't ugly.  I started exercising again like crazy - power walked about 10 miles a day - and the feeling I had at that time was amazing.  It was scary as heck, but once I was on my own, I realized I could do things by myself, like getting my own place, beating cancer, and bettering my situation.  I was intelligent.  I was attractive.  I was healthy.  I felt wonderful.  I didn't NEED anyone.  Empowerment is such an awesome thing.

I'll admit I got side-tracked a bit with the mean jerk, but now I've rekindled that strength.  Its almost as if I do the best for myself when I've been hurt, or when I'm coming out of a bad situation. I wonder how many other women experience that. 

I still don't NEED anyone.  I'm getting healthier.  I'm still intelligent, now I'm successful in my own right, and almost done with school.  I feel wonderful.

So while I'm still not back to my 1993-94 best, I'm feeling pretty beautiful right now, and its inside as well as out.

*******************

--OR--  Do you ever clip your toenails, let the trimmings land where they may, and then not pick up after yourself??

Uhm....ew?  My daughter does that and I HATE it.  That is so sick, nasty and just plain wrong.  That's like leaving a snot-filled kleenex for someone else to throw away.  Break out the hazmat gear.

ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew.

 

3 comments:

kuhlhiggins said...

Kris,
Cool answers. It is a wonderful feeling knowing that you don't need anyone.
Love,
Kat

notoriousandrew5 said...

Merry Christmas Brat.

kristeenaelise said...

Thanks for the kind wishes Drew ... I tried forever to find an address that would work for you but couldn't.  Drop me a line sometime and let me know how you're doing.
=) k
Oh, and Merry Christmas to you, Aussie Brat.