Thursday, December 16, 2004

Twas the last day of finals...

I'm done.  Semester's over.  I'm calling it.

Thank you so much Aileen for editing everything and getting my butt through it and putting up with my crapola.  I'm so glad I fired my old editor - you're so much better and better qualified.

Sigh!

Five more classes and I'm graduating, but right now I just want to enjoy the general "over ness" of the semester.  I won't get my grade in my other class for weeks....I'm just glad its over.

********

Starting Phase I of the Christmas shopping this afternoon.  At this point, only the kids are getting gifts.  The holiday is for them anyway, right?  I love seeing them all psyched waiting for Christmas to get here. 

My ex tells me that to avoid the holiday crowd at wally world, he finds a 24 hour one and goes at like 2 or 3 AM.  Now this is typical of him....but I still can't fathom getting my butt out of bed at dark thirty to go to Walmart.  That's where I'm headed this afternoon, so I may have a different opinion come this evening.

******

Our vendors showed up with three cheesecakes this afternoon, a box of fudge balls (sounds kinda dirty, doesn't it), cheesecake bonbons, and pecan brittle.  I have been SO GOOD.  I need a freakin medal for staying away from all this stuff.

*****

Alright I'm outta here....think happy holiday shopping thoughts...

OH everyone's journal topic this week is basically asking any questions (within reason) you'd like the journal owner to answer.  Of course, you can do this any time, but feel free to post questions (within REASON) and I'll answer them.

MUAH!

have a wonderful Thursday!!

 

2 comments:

kuhlhiggins said...

Congrats on your "over ness" of the semester. Good luck on your shopping today. I don't like it when I have to be good on the diet and venders bring treats. Yes, you deserve a metal from staying away from all the stuff.
Love,
Kat

phlskygirl said...

    You passed on cheesecake bonbons????  I dunno wtf those are, but holy CRAP, I would have gotten myself sick on those alone, let alone the fudge balls!
    Your ex soooo has a point... I used to absolutely love going to the grocery stores at 3am in Philly.  NO ONE was there!  You could streak naked through the freezer section and no one would stop you!  Ok, so maybe the midnight crew might applaud, but other than that, they usually left me alone...
    Here's my question (I thought about a crank question, but for once, I'll be serious):  At what point(s) in your life have or had you felt at your best, or most beautiful, and why? --OR--  Do you ever clip your toenails, let the trimmings land where they may, and then not pick up after yourself??  [Sorry... couldn't resist!]...    ;o)~