Monday, December 13, 2004

You can't reason with the unreasonable

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Look What You've Done"

Take my photo off the wall
If it just won't sing for you
'Cause all that's left has gone away
And there's nothing there for you to prove

Oh, look what you've done
You've made a fool of everyone
Oh well, it seems likes such fun
Until you lose what you had won

Give me back my point of view
'Cause I just can't think for you
I can hardly hear you say
What should I do, well you choose

Oh, look what you've done
You've made a fool of everyone
Oh well, it seems likes such fun
Until you lose what you had won

Oh, look what you've done
You've made a fool of everyone
A fool of everyone
A fool of everyone

****

I just love that song.  It's by Jet, for all who care.  They also sing that completely awesome song "Are You Gonna Be My Girl".  Anyway I really listened to this one this morning, and its so appropriate for one tiny aspect of my life right now. 

I have this huge personality flaw (well sometimes it is) where I have to make every effort to resolve unsettling things in my life.  If possible, I like to come to a bygones stage with everyone who's ever hurt me.  The bygones stage can have several different levels, from "fuggetaboutit" to "I'll say hi to you but I don't have to like you" to "its resolved and I never want to see you again".  I hate wasting energy on hating someone or being angry at someone.  I can't stand closing doors and walking away from something and leaving it unresolved.

Those of you who know me know that I've been working on resolving this for quite some time, and gotten nowhere.  One step forward, two steps back.

I've decided in this case, for my own personal mental health, I need to pull an Aileen and slam the door and walk away, as difficult as that may be. 

There's no reasoning with the unreasonable.

*poof*

****

So the party was a blast, even though the service stunk.  Louie did pick out something short, but it wasn't appropriate for this thing so I wore something a little more appropriate (and a little longer - not everyone wants to see that much leg at an office party - my 71 year old assistant/adopted mom would have freaked). 

This party was at Copeland's, which is supposed to be New Orleans food, but I ordered eggplant parmesian.  I spent some time in New Orleans, and never once on a menu did I see eggplant parmesian, but it was AWESOME nonetheless. 

SIDENOTE: Thank goodness no one ordered crawfish!!  Those things look like something that Jabba the Hut would eat.  I still have nightmares about that wretched slurping sound. I was sitting on the Riverwalk on the phone with a certain Brooklyn someone when that took place - two heaping plates of boiled crawdads for the table next to me.  Think of snapping it and sucking out both sides...UGH!  Now that I think of it, perhaps that was foreshadowing.

New drink:  Red Storm.  Kinda like the bay breeze but with raspberry juice and vodka and something else.  mmmmmm  Louie had a Hurricane, which was unbelievably strong...I took one sip and I coughed for two minutes.  ACK.  Can you tell I rarely drink?  I'm so exploring the land of mixed drinks now.  I'm particularly enchanted by Bailey's in hot cocoa....YUM (THANKS AILEEN!!!)

We had a wonderful time, and took the long way home.  Heh.

****

I turn in final #2 tomorrow - hope I did it correctly.  The instructions were so vague on this thing....I've got it done and about 12 pages worth of research paper done...I'll be such a happy girl come Thursday night.

No school until January 18 after that. 

My kids only get from the 23rd to the 3rd off, which is extremely short for a holiday break.  Its better for working moms like me, but still....give em two weeks at least.  Jeez.

****

Sorry for the randomness, but that's all I have today. 

Have a wonderful Monday the 13th!

MUAH!

3 comments:

kuhlhiggins said...

There's no reasoning with the unreasonable is a line I am going to use when dealing with the unreasonable in my life. Thanks Kris. I like that line. I am glad you had fun at your office party. Good luck with your final # 2. Wow you get a lot of time off from school. That is great. I hope that you have a wonderful 13th too.
Love,
Kat

andreakingme said...

That is one GORGEOUS flower. I love it!

One of the things life's trying to teach me is that I can't please everyone all the time. And that some people just won't like me. And it's okay. But you're right, it's difficult to let those things go ... when you feel like just a little forward motion might make things better.

I need a brownie.

phlskygirl said...

Yay!!  You finally pinched that loaf!  You GO, Mizz Pinch-n-Flush!  
[Make a wave about it and sent it to me!]