Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The Utter Joy of Being a Parent of a Teenager...

I forced them to ride like this so I could take a picture of them all squished together.  She'll forgive me eventually.  Aren't they adorable all smashed in the back of my car?  Kinda hard to look and act all cool when you can barely move.  Heh heh heh.

That's Emily in the middle (happy birthday!!)  Orlando, aka "the monkey" is on the right, and poor little Wendy smashed on the left.

You realize when your children hit the teenage years, you can pay them back for the little embarassments they caused you when they were younger, like barfing all over you in the grocery store, and burping real loud in a restaurant and then blaming mommy (at age 3).  This is when anything can be payback, like blaring Elvis on the car stereo while picking them up from school, or forcing them to sit and snuggle with their friends in your car while you take a picture.

I still think they're adorable.  Still my baby, even at 14.

love you sweetie!!

2 comments:

kuhlhiggins said...

Cute picture Kris.
Love,
Kat

andreakingme said...

Love the photo! And the 'tude you had when you wrote this entry. Too funny!