Monday, March 21, 2005

Monday Purge!

Remember how I said I duck and cover when stuff gets stressful?  Consider me ducked.  And covered.

***

I went to a dress fitting this weekend.  I'm going to be a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding.  I've never had a real wedding, or been in one since my flower girl days, so this was a unique experience.

I cried.  In the car.

For people with a weight issue, measurement day kinda sorta stinks.  Yes, the weight loss continues (slowly!!!!!! @#$%@*&!!!)  but my boobs haven't gotten the message, so I have to go almost four sizes bigger to accomodate these bad boys in a halter-type gown.  Muumuu effect, personified.

Not.  Fun.

I'm hoping that by the time the dress arrives in early June, we'll have to to do major alterations.  MAJOR ONES.

Then I can dance.  In the car.

***

The whole Terri Schiavo case has me kind of freaked out.  That's such a tough issue to have to face as a husband/mom/dad/relative/friend....then to have to face it in front of the media, every court in this great country, your state and national governments and the president...? 

The biggest problem with this is first off - its not our business.  Its not the president's business, or the congress', or the Today Show's, or anyone else's.  It's Terri's business, and its her husband's, and her family's.  That's it.

In that - we don't know what's going on.  We don't know the specifics of her condition or her prognosis.  We know nothing.  Why?  Because its none of our business.  We can't possibly confidently pass judgement or have a qualified informed opinion, because we just don't know. 

It looks to me like, in the family-provided videos, she's responsive.  Her husband Michael says the damage is so pronounced, they taped for three days to get that three minutes of footage.  Michael says his wife would have never ever wanted to live like this. 

Its hard to say, and its none of our business.

Do we really want our government to intervene in such a way that it dictates not only the care we receive but the end-of-life/living will decisions we've made?  I'm not sure I do.  Not like this.

Seems they should have bigger fish to fry, than to get involved in an issue that should remain private.  That's why it bugs me.  Just saying.

Did I mention its none of our business?

***

Easter's almost here ALREADY.  Is it just me, or does Easter Sunday come earlier and earlier each year??  Isn't it supposed to be in April or something?

***

I'm headed back for more ducking and more covering.  Life will get less stressful shortly and I'll come up for air.

Have a wonderful Monday!

MUAH

4 comments:

kuhlhiggins said...

Beautiful flowers. Yes, Easter is getting earlier and earlier. I know that you will have major alterations in June for the wedding. It is a slow process but June is awhile from now and I am sure you will be beautiful in your gown.
Love,
Kat

jeff466 said...

Here is to major alterations in June :)

Sorry to hear your day was a duck and cover one-I hope it picks up better soon.

I'm in agreement with you on the "None of our business".  I can't even imagine what they are going through.

Jeff

mikethedawg said...

I hear you...except I don't duck...I run...vera fast...
Ah...Migraine setting in...aspirin, vodka...quiet....ug.

skoolbuspb1 said...

Easter falls on the first Sunday following the first ecclesiastical full moon that occurs on or after the day of the vernal equinox. The vernal equinox is fixed as March 21, resulting in that Easter can never occur before March22 or later than April 25.