Thursday, March 3, 2005

Photo Challenge Beta: Out Your Window

The assignment:  take a photo from a window of your house and describe what you see. 

Well, I have to bend the rules a bit, because I leave before sunrise and get home after sunset. 

First here's a photo from one of my house windows, but its taken from the outside in.  This is Dot.  We named her that for the giant dot on her back, and later we realized that with her grey tail, it actually looks more like an exclamation point.  I don't know why she gets squinty when I take her picture, but every single one is like this.  Yes, her face is pushed up against the window, the weirdo.

 

Another twist:  I ended up taking these from my "home away from home", because unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) I spend most of my waking hours at the oriface.  So here it is, from my window, with a twist.

 

I took this from my office window, and I'm offering a little challenge.  Can you tell what bugs me about this yucca?  Its been driving me nuts for months, and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, because said yucca is about 12-14' tall.

While you're thinking about it, a little trivia:  The yucca is our state flower.  The dead-looking parts on the top there are where the blooms were.  They're actually pretty attractive when they're in bloom.  Its rare to find them this old and this large.

Ok - what bugs me about the yucca.  Here.  I'll show you.

That piece of trash - actually what's left of a plastic grocery bag - has been up there forever.  The wind blows and it flaps and flaps, but its too tangled to blow off and away.  So there it sits, tangled in the yucca plant, flapping in the breeze, taunting me.  I can't doanything about it, because its up so high.

So there's my twisted response to the assignment.  Does it count?  Do I get an "E" for effort?

Happy Thursday!!!

 

 

2 comments:

kuhlhiggins said...

That piece of trash in the Yucca would drive me nuts also. It would attract my eyes to it every time I would see it. I know I am weird lol. Loved the picture of Dot.
Love,
Kat

mikethedawg said...

Yah... that bag has got to be taken care of! Hey...gotta be thankful for a window. My office doesn't have any windows. I'm an X-ray tech and I'm locked in a windowless, dark office with loud humming machines 40 hours a week...by myself... be thankful for that window...bag and all!
When my digi cam comes in, I'll take a pic of my office for the assignment.