Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Terri Schiavo's Donor List for Sale

Is anyone else just a little disturbed by this?  Apparently Terri Schiavo's parents have sold the list of donors to a direct marketing company.  They'll get a monthly payment for all the e-mail and postal addresses of all the people who donated to Terri's cause. 

In return for their support, those sympathetic individuals can expect a barrage of spam and unsolicited advertising.  A thank you gift I could certainly do without.

Help me out here...

?!?!

2 comments:

phlskygirl said...

Pardon me, but...... HOLY SHIT!!

From the article:  "...a spokesman for Ms. Schiavo's parents confirmed that Mr. Schindler had agreed to let Response Unlimited rent out the list as part of a deal for the firm to send an e-mail solicitation raising money on the family's behalf."....???

I doubt the company released THAT bit of information to the masses!

Oh, and:  "Privacy experts said the sale of the list was legal and even predictable"... It's LEGAL??  The next time something like this happens, no one will step forward to help.  Disgusting.  

jmorancoyle said...

I agree wholeheartedly. My heart breaks for the hell this family has gone through, but I don't need anymore spam.

http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay