Friday, March 4, 2005

Weekend Assignment-Offical Product/Charity Endorsement

The assignment:  Weekend Assignment #49: Congratulations! You've become famous enough to be courted for product endorsements and/or charitable cause spokespersonhood. Which product or charity would you personally endorse?

Nectar of the Gods!!

Nothing makes a bad day better like Diet Coke. 

Nothing puts a smile on your face like Diet Coke. 

Nothing makes you smack your lips, smile and say "Ahhhh!" like Diet Coke.

There's nothing better in this world than a Route 44 Diet Coke from Sonic.  The good ice, with some lemon wedges....

HEAVEN.  I'm telling you - there is no better soft drink carbonated soda beverage on this planet.

Carbonated Cola Perfection. 

(No, I do not need a 12-step program, thank you very much.)

*********

My Charity of Choice?  If you've ever checked out my favorite sites list, or known me for any length of time, you'll guess.

New Mexico AIDS Services

New Mexico AIDS Services serves the community in providing prevention education and support.  They provide free AIDS/HIV testing, emotional/psychological support for AIDS victims and their families, medical treatment, and housing.  They have a food bank for AIDS victims who are unable to shop for themselves, as well as PAWS, a program to feed and provide veterinary care for companion animals.  Recently Stanford House was opened in order to provide 24 hour care for AIDS victims who are unable to find that care themselves.

These people were right there for Alberto - they've got a great staff and wonderful volunteers.  I can't thank them enough.

Y'all have heard me beat on this old horse a million times.  I encourage you to visit NMAS or your local AIDS services organization.  Of course I have to say it:

Donate, Educate yourself and others, be safe, and get tested.

6 comments:

kuhlhiggins said...

I loved your product endorsement.
Love,
Kat

monponsett said...

This is Agent Monponsett of the DEA....Don't think for a second we dodn't know that this entry is just a front for your cocaine dealing. We're watching...

Stacey

jk

boiseladie said...

I love Diet Coke!  Good job!

blufaery84 said...

Oh wow! I didn't know about that charity in New Mexico. That is awesome. Yeah, coke is good, just ask my boyfriend, he drinks a 2 liter everyday! (Im not kidding you) Take care!
~Kandi

andreakingme said...

Man, for some reason, a Coke sounds so good right about now. I have a wee suspicion, a very wee suspicion, mind you, that it's YOUR fault, Krispy Girl!!!!

lorileeboard said...

Wow, excellent journalling!!  By the way - I LOVE DIET COKE!!!!!!
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/lorileeboard/WeekendAssignment
PS - Did I mention I love Diet Coke?  he he he.