Friday, April 29, 2005

Scalzi Assignment - Off AOL Faves

Weekend Assigment #57: Share some of your favorite Journals, Blogs and Web sites not on AOL Journals. Come on, we know you go off the school grounds from time to time. Tell us where you go. 'Cause we want to go, too. Even just one pick is fine (no more than five, though. Pick the best to share). Also, just in case this was a temptation, my site off AOL should not be one of your selections.

Extra credit: Find a link you think your mother might like. What is it?

I admit, most every journal I frequent is an AOL one, but these two journals have a special place in my heart.

1st   Around the World with Cathe and Colleen  My dear friend Colleen and her partner did a crazy thing and sold all their belongings, bought an RV and are traveling the continent.  They're currently in Mexico and Cathe keeps an awesome travelogue with excellent photographs.  (Obviously I'm secretly jealous, but its something to look forward to when I retire!)  They're an amazing, beautiful couple and I love them dearly.

2nd    Point.Click.Jeff  Jeff found me one day and I'm sure glad he did.  He's completely adorable, and I love reading about his love, his life, his doggies and his happy-go-lucky outlook.  He's just wonderful.

3rd   (evidence of my truly sick sense of humor) DISCLAIMER:  IF YOU'RE EASILY OFFENDED AND HAVE NEVER HEARD A CUSS WORD DON'T CLICK THE LINK.  FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY.  NO WIGGING.    ::iLL WiLL PreSS:: Home of Neurotically Yours - with that lovable, slightly sick squirrel Foamy and his human.  My all time favorites are "Jiggly Butt", "Amityville Toaster"  and "Amplified Bible".  Oh yeah and "Kavorkian Scarf" (that's the best one of all time). 

And....since I have to promote my charity .... stop rolling your eyes already.

4th   Apathy is Lethal  AIDS is the worst epidemic humankind has ever faced. The virus infects 14,000 people every day, leaving millions of people suffering and having a devastating effect on the world's most vulnerable....click the link to learn more...

and

5th AIDS.org  Nonprofit AIDS.ORG is a leader in providing online AIDS education and prevention programs, and essential HIV resources.   Tons of resources. 

As always (I have to say it) Educate yourself, Donate if you can, and by all means GET TESTED

Extra Credit: 

My mother died tragically in 1997, but if she were alive today I think she'd like MY journal page (of course!!) and probably something entirely cheesy like THIS.   Heehee she's probably wanting to smack me right now for giving away her secret obsession. 

 

 

PS once again the flower photo is so old (it was a reference for a painting I did that is now hanging in my office) that I don't know who to give credit to.  If y'all recognize it please let me know.

1 comment:

cneinhorn said...

sorry about the loss of your mom....barrynet...gotta love Barry!  he's adorable


~  www.jerseygirljournal.com