What an awesome rose, huh! I took this in my yard today. I felt the urge to prune rosebushes, and I have the scratches, puncture wounds and owies to prove it. I actually had a branch snap back and smack me in the face, thorns and all. Owey. I've realized this sort of comedy routine is the story of my life. I can't ever do anything with a normal outcome, whether its pruning rosebushes, searching for a job, romance or parenting. Everything has to have a punchline. Sometimes that's annoying.
Breaking news: Aileen's at her new home, settled and happy. I couldn't be happier either. She made it!!
Stupid tourist trick of the week: I was stopped in the Wal-Mart and asked, "We saw some white stuff on the top of the mountain range. What is that stuff?"
I replied, "Snow." I got the deer in headlights look.
(What else would it have been?!? Now I'm wondering what THEY thought it was...?? booga booga)
My First Attempt at Patrick's Saturday Six:
1. When was the last time you looked your significant other in the eye and told him or her how much they mean to you?
Every single day.
2. Which business do you have the longest continuous relationship with: your bank, your auto insurance provider, your home telephone provider, your cellular phone provider, or your cable company? How long have you been with them?
Home telephone. Its a love/hate relationship, mostly involving hate. Effing Qwest.
3. What is the mostembarrassing question you've ever been asked?
How much do you weigh??
4. You have the ability to snap your fingers and be instantly transported to one of three places whenever you wish to go there. Which three places would you select as your destinations?
1. New Orleans!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Someplace where I can see the ocean, because I never have.
5. Last week, the Reader's Choice question asked you to identify your favorite movie line. Later this month, the American Film Institute will list the 100 Greatest Movie Lines of all time. Which one do you expect to win?
"They used to be fat and juicy, and now they're twisted. They had their lives stolen. Well, they taste sweet, but really they're just humiliated grapes. I can't say I'm a big supporter of the raisin council."
"Did you see those, those raisins on TV? The ones that sing and dance and stuff?"
"They scare me."
"Yeah, me too."
"It's sick, the commercial people make them sing and dance so people will eat them."
"It's a shame about raisins."
--Sam & Joon, on raisins, from Benny & Joon. No, I don't expect it to win, I'm just saying it should.
6. You are given the gift of an original oil painting by any famous artist. What painting would you choose and why?
Starry Night by Van Gogh, because its amazing, and because you said I could pick any one I wanted.
My life's so uneventful right now (thank GAWD) that's all I've got. Right now I'm choosing to live vicariously through my friends who actually HAVE a life, and enjoying uneventful bliss. Sometimes peace and calm is a good thing.
Now for a nap...