Sunday, June 12, 2005

Happy Sunday & My First Saturday Six

What an awesome rose, huh!  I took this in my yard today.  I felt the urge to prune rosebushes, and I have the scratches, puncture wounds and owies to prove it.  I actually had a branch snap back and smack me in the face, thorns and all.  Owey.  I've realized this sort of comedy routine is the story of my life.  I can't ever do anything with a normal outcome, whether its pruning rosebushes, searching for a job, romance or parenting.  Everything has to have a punchline.  Sometimes that's annoying.

*****

Breaking news:  Aileen's at her new home, settled and happy.  I couldn't be happier either.  She made it!!

*****

Stupid tourist trick of the week:  I was stopped in the Wal-Mart and asked, "We saw some white stuff on the top of the mountain range.  What is that stuff?"

I replied, "Snow."  I got the deer in headlights look.

(What else would it have been?!?  Now I'm wondering what THEY thought it was...??  booga booga)

*****

My First Attempt at Patrick's Saturday Six:

1. When was the last time you looked your significant other in the eye and told him or her how much they mean to you?

    Every single day. 


2. Which business do you have the longest continuous relationship with:  your bank, your auto insurance provider, your home telephone provider, your cellular phone provider, or your cable company?  How long have you been with them?

    Home telephone.  Its a love/hate relationship, mostly involving hate.  Effing Qwest.

3. What is the mostembarrassing question you've ever been asked?

    How much do you weigh??

4. You have the ability to snap your fingers and be instantly transported to one of three places whenever you wish to go there.  Which three places would you select as your destinations?

    1. New Orleans!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2. Someplace where I can see the ocean, because I never have.
    3. Egypt

5. Last week, the Reader's Choice question asked you to identify your favorite movie line.  Later this month, the American Film Institute will list the 100 Greatest Movie Lines of all time.  Which one do you expect to win?

"They used to be fat and juicy, and now they're twisted. They had their lives stolen. Well, they taste sweet, but really they're just humiliated grapes. I can't say I'm a big supporter of the raisin council."

"Did you see those, those raisins on TV? The ones that sing and dance and stuff?"

"They scare me."

"Yeah, me too."

"It's sick, the commercial people make them sing and dance so people will eat them."

"It's a shame about raisins."

"Cannibals."

"Yeah."

--Sam & Joon, on raisins, from Benny & Joon.  No, I don't expect it to win, I'm just saying it should.


6. You are given the gift of an original oil painting by any famous artist.  What painting would you choose and why?

Starry Night by Van Gogh, because its amazing, and because you said I could pick any one I wanted.

*****

My life's so uneventful right now (thank GAWD) that's all I've got.  Right now I'm choosing to live vicariously through my friends who actually HAVE a life, and enjoying uneventful bliss.  Sometimes peace and calm is a good thing.

MUAH!

Happy Sunday!

Now for a nap...

3 comments:

phlskygirl said...

Yay!  I'm catching up on journals at last!  Ok, so I'm starting at the top, and have only read this entry, but I'll catch up on the others soon, I promise!  

I love your roses.  I find them to be more beautiful while they're still 'alive', and growing from the ground, vs. in a vase.  I too will be posting a flower photo as soon as I can.  I took it in my mom's back yard while in Tex-ass.  It's of... well, whatever Hawaii's state flower is.  It's beautiful.  The plant was given to my mother when her mother died.  It blooms one flower at a time, and the bloom only lasts for one day.  The next day, as you're stepping outside to sip on your morning coffee on the patio (mindful to avoid the freaking fire ants), you notice that yesterday's bloom has faded, only to be replaced by another beautiful blossom, with tomorrow's bud, in turn, starting to become visible.  It's a beautiful plant, whose name  I wish I could remember.  

As for WalMarts.  Holy crap, do they suck here.  I went last night at around 10:30, and the parking lot looked like the Jerry Springer Show had just let out (I'd have preferred Target, but they're not open 24 hours).  Seriously.  I found myself saying "excuse me" on behalf of every fucker that was bumping into ME.  Ugh.

Ok so anyway, welcome back to my world of taking major dumps into your comments section!

xoAileenxo

etherealpeachy said...

Hi, was wandering through J-Land and read your Saturday 6. I also picked Starry Night, it is a beautiful painting.

lurkynat said...

Gee Kris I just Lovveeee this rose! Wowsers!
WE should all be so lucky as to have you as a gardener!