Sunday, July 10, 2005

Geminis are the worst drivers...

I just read this article that said Geminis are the worst drivers.  A study done by Suncorp, out of Australia, had the following to say about us Geminis:

The number one worst drivers were Geminis, "typically described as restless, easily bored and frustrated by things moving slowly," explained Warren Duke, Suncorp's national manager of personal insurance. "They had more car accidents than any other sign."

Please.

Up until a month ago, I'd never had a moving violation.  I've never caused a serious accident.  I'm a little famous for forcing my way in during a merge situation, but that's just because New Mexico drivers refuse to allow any courtesy to merging vehicles.  You sort of have to do that here.

No, I'm not defensive.

Here's the list, from worst to best, which is hooey:

1. Gemini (not!)

2.  Taurus

3. Pisces

4. Virgo
5. Cancer
6. Aquarius
7. Aries
8. Leo
9. Libra
10. Sagittarius
11. Scorpio [and Capricorn in last position as the best drivers]

Can I just say that I work with someone in a supervisory position who is a Scorpio and not the best driver.  I have to hold on for dear life so I don't flop around the inside of the truck.  Turn signals are just a suggestion, stop signs are optional, and only weenies slow down for speed bumps.  Just saying.

My oldest daughter Emily is a Capricorn, and I can totally see where she'd be a great driver.  She's got a great big sense of responsibility, so that makes sense. 

Anyway, check it out and see what you think!

*****

Scalzi'smovie assignment, (although I'm a bit late)...

My first double date was with my parents, and we went to go see Transylvania 6-5000.  The plot summary, from the website:

"Two reporters travel to a strange castle in Transylvania to investigate the apparent reappearance of Frankenstein, and encounter such kooky creatures as the sensitive Wolfman, the horny Vampiress Odette, as well as a whole cast of other weirdos."

It had Jeff Goldblum, Geena Davis, Ed Begley, among others.  The coolest thing about that movie was the phone - it was a lizard and it made the coolest ring noise. 

Anyway, check it out if you get a chance.  Its so bad, its hilarious.

cover

*****

That's it for me this fine Sunday afternoon...

2 comments:

jmorancoyle said...

    One of our closest friend's in the world is a Gemini. He's also the worst driver I know. At least in his case, your study rings true. On the other hand, I am a Leo and my husband is a Virgo. He thinks he's good. He makes me nervous.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

jgrand1 said...

Hi Kris, yes, I saw this article, too.  As an astrologer, I feel compelled to comment.  Frankly, I wasn't too surprised that Gemini's are the worst drivers--at least the typical ones!  If you are a good driver it's probably because you have important planets like Mercury and/or Venus in Taurus--the sensible neighboring sign which will slow you down.  Now, why is Taurus (my sign) listed second?  Probably because those Taurus drivers have Gemini planets!  Most people have "balancing" planets in the neighboring signs--it's nature's way of making us (mostly) sane!
http://journals.aol.com/jgrand1/JeannesMessageinaBlog/