Friday, August 26, 2005

Ask Me Anything, Answered

Leigh asked:

How old were you when you had your first boyfriend?

--Kindergarten, believe it or not.  We used to pretend he was The Fonz and I was Pinky.  (damn I can't believe I just admitted that out loud.) 

Wait - does that count?  If not, my first *real* boyfriend was in high school - my freshman year.  His name was Jeff, and I truly thought we'd be married some day.  *sigh!*  My first true love.  (I wonder where he is now?)

Where did you grow up?

--Beautiful Albuquerque, New Mexico - born and raised.  (boring, I know)

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

--I love New Mexico, but I'd sure like a summer home in New Orleans.

*****

From Freeeee

If you could trade places with one person for a week, who would it be and why?

--Dang.  I really like my life so much, I'm not sure I'd want to.  First, I thought of a lottery winner, just to see what its like not to worry about money, and to be able to help people.  Then I thought of my dog, because curling up in a sunny spot for a nap sounds really good right now.  I know this is a chicken-sh** answer, so I'll have to ponder that a little longer. 

Dernit, Trishy you made me think so HARD.

Okay, I know.  Sometimes I think I'd really like to be able to communicate with those who are gone now, but I'd also have to add that I'd like to be able to do that without being scared.  I'd love to have the ability to just converse with the people I miss, and ask them some questions, tell them I love them, and then be on my merry way.  Oh and Elvis.  I'd love to talk to Elvis.  And John Lennon, and Janis Joplin.  Just for a week though.  Much longer than that and I might just lose what little marbles I have left.

If you could do/be anything in the world, what would that be and why?

--I really like being me, but I think I'd really want to be someone who had tons and tons of money, so I could make a difference and really help people.  I think of the people I really admire in this world - Nelson Mandela, for instance - and all the wonderful selfless things they've done.  I wish I had the means to make a difference.  A big difference.

What is your very first memory?

As an infant, I remember being in a stroller headed into the Dillards at the mall.  (I know it was Dillards because it stayed with this same decor for decades)  My mother pushed the stroller into this dark brown ceramic tiled foyer, I remember the sound being different (you know, how it tends to sound hollow and echoey in tiled areas) and I looked up and saw various pictures of men over the entrance doors and it scared me.  (Crazy, I know.  It must have been photographs of various important people, but I have no idea who.) I started crying because I was terrified, but of course I couldn't vocalize what had scared me...and I remember being scooped up and comforted.  That was the best feeling in the world - a feeling of safety, warmth and love.

That's it  for now - this was fun!  Maybe next time I'll get more questions...HINT.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

lurkynat said...

cute memories and wonderful reminsing the Fonz thing great ! lol..
and I liek the fact that you would help so many people Kris
waht abig heart you have love,nat