Wednesday, August 3, 2005

Why DO men have nipples?

Well, I just found out.  Apparently we all start with the same template, then after a few weeks nature plugs in the man sex chromosome.   By that time, the nips were already there.  I wonder if that's true for dogs too?  My little boi dog Peenit has teets too.  Actually, that may explain an awful lot...

*****

It is so effing hot.  As if anyone needed reminding.  This summer has been just full of Advanced Hotness.  I'm ready for fall.  Really ready.

I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready

****

My oldest baby girl starts high school in 7 days.  Fasten your seatbelts sweethearts, we're in for a ride.  It brings back so many memories of my first year in high school - remember how scared you were?  "Excited, yet terrified" is how Emily put it.  I actually spent a great deal of time getting thrown about by senior boys - in trash cans, puddles, trunks of cars and the like.  At least I didn't suffer the dreaded swirlee. 

I did however, get teepeed, and it was a whopper of a job.  These guys must have spent hours on my house.  My mom even took pics the next morning!  They dragged my little car across the street and up into the yard, soaped all the windows, left about 48 rolls of teepee in the tree and everywhere else, AND left me about 6" of shredded newspaper to clear off the lawn.  I had a whole new respect for that group of guys after that episode.

I can't wait to take my daughter on her first teepee adventure. 

Thankfully, Emmy's very tall and looks older - she could pass for a junior or a senior without any trouble at all.  She'll  be just fine.  Now if we could just get her mother to calm down a bit...

Can you believe she's eligible to DRIVE in September?  Lawdy lawdy.  Yep, feelin' pretty ancient just about now.

****

My name is Kris and its been one month and 11 days since my last diet coke.  Since then I've lost 10 lbs.  (5 last week, per my weigh in).  Darn it!  Yep that makes 40 on Weight Watchers, and 10-15 on my own.  35 more to go!!

In one of his meanest, most evilest moves so far, my boss walked into my office this hotter than hot afternoon, and slowly popped open a nice refreshing can of - that's right - Diet Coke.  you know the sound...ssssssssss CRACK  fissssss.....  I'm sure it was perfectly chilled, with just a little bit of slushy.  Then he sipped it very very slow and LOUD to make sure the craving set in full force. 

This, after I confided in him how difficult its been for me to give it up. 

Love you, D.  Thanks bunches for your support!  ;b

****

I have a new addiction.  He's adorable and has the craziest journal ever, and I just love him.  Its definately PG-13 stuff, but you have to check out Mortimer's Cafe if you haven't already, simply for the animation on his journal page if nothing else.  Don't go look if you're one of those easily offended people.  Please.  I don't want the backlash. (link on my favorites!)  I found him through my favorite hippy's journal (link also on my favorites).

****

OK enough purgables for today.  I have the hiccups, from the flavored water.  Again.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

7 comments:

donah42 said...

Ya gotta love Mortimer (I have to say that or he'll send the Velvet Mafia after me!)
Seriously, I adore him!
Way to go on the weight loss!

lurkynat said...

Dear Kris,
What a delightful journal! And I can see how you will relish school;yet it is ahrd when your baby girl is growing up..ah yes...

pollysci said...

Oooh, I gotta get off the Diet Coke...  damn, girl--I'm impressed! :)

~tara

jmorancoyle said...

    That's a lot of weight. Good work!
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

kuhlhiggins said...

Congrats on the weight loss Kris. Giving up your diet coke was quite an accomplishment too.
Love,
Kat

jgrand1 said...

I actually was just wondering yesterday why guys have nipples.  Thanks for the info, though it still seems a little weird!  Why can't you have Diet Coke on your diet?   As there are no calories, I am mystified!
http://aol.com/jgrand1/JeannesOracle/  

lamove04 said...

If you were a guy, you'd know that there definitely are some advantages to guy nipples!  ;-) Albert