Monday, October 17, 2005

Hit me with some good news, please...

Some people I know are perfectly content discussing the end of the world as we know it, based on current events - natural disasters and the like.  The trouble is, they love to do this in front of my children.  So now I get questions like, "How do we know that the world is going to explode in 2012?"

So, I just tell them what I know.  I am not entirely sure the rapture is going to happen in 2012.  As a matter of fact, I'm not sure that's what's going on at all.  I think we're doing relatively okay, and they just need to be happy in their own little worlds for now.  Even if the End Times were here...please don't tell my little 8 year old all about the fiery pits of hell and how the dead will rise again, or she'll end up sleeping with mama again.

Sheesh people - push your apocolypse somewhere else, okay?  Leave the spirituality to her parents.  Honestly.

Then I had to go and rent Farenheit 911 and watch it for the first time this weekend, and cry like a baby.  I put it off for all this time because I knew it would piss me off, and it did.  It didn't do a lot of good to watch that - it just sort of cemented what I was afraid to believe for a long time, which ended up being rather depressing.

That being said - someone leave me a bit of GOOD news.  Does anyone have any??

Yeah, the economy sucks and these disasters are kicking our butts, but I have to believe all is not lost.  I think we're going to be okay.  Any one else willing to toss some optimism my way?

Please?

I know Freee made it to Yoga (almost!!) .  I know Kat lost more weight.  I know Andrea has a hall pass from brain activity (I want one!) ... There's gotta be something else.  Anything.

6 comments:

ravenlark2 said...

Ummm...I got a job finally? Does that count? hehehe

-Raven

jmorancoyle said...

    Take it from the biggest Bush whacker on earth, Farneheit 911 is exaggerated.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

donah42 said...

Ummmm...I'm thinking...wait...wait...
Okay, the baby panda at the Washington Zoo turned 100 days old and got a name...
That's the best I can do!

freeepeace said...

Uhh...I haven't made it to yoga ... YET.  ::fingers crossed::

Let's see, good news...I know there's plenty.
1.  Your kids are smart enough to ask questions about all the crap they hear.  That means they're paying attention, they're smart, inquisitve and wise not to blindly believe what they're told.
2.  You're on a kick-ass healthy lifestyle path.  And that's inspiring.
3.  You are able to see the truth in the world's situation and have emotion about it because you CARE.  And love heals.
4. these sites exist for our benefit:  
http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/
http://www.happynews.com/
5. You are love, loved and beloved!

jeff466 said...

I hear you!  I just got through reading news on CNN-bleah-dont go there!  I'm on news overload!

Then I found this http://www.snopes.com/science/dustcloud.asp

I was surprised because I read the original news story on yahoo news.  

I hope you got enough good news to make your day good :)  Have a great rest of the week-Jeff

toonguykc said...

Oh, honey --- I'm sorry you're going through all of this.  

Ummm.... 'good news'?

1.  We get to set our clocks back next weekend.

2.  Gas prices are supposed to start going down soon.

3.  Bush can't be re-elected.

That's all I got.  Depressed people don't tend to be good sources of optimism. ;)

Russ