Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Purgin'

I realize just how much my journal sucketh these days, and I miss it like crazy.  Its just...well, its just everything.  I'm getting there though, swimming, treading water, whatever it is.  Slow and steady. 

I was going to try and keep these purges to a minimum, and stick to the one-subject kinda entries, but when has that ever worked for me?? 

Never.  So the randomosity continues...

****

A list of excuses for not journaling/being a better friend/exercising as much/sleeping as much/reducing my stress level:

CFMA Board Member

CFMA Community Service Committee

CFMA Salary Survey Committee

CFMA Banquet Committee

CFMA Chapter Awards Committee

NUCA Marketing/Membership Committee

Assistant Girl Scout Troop Leader

Full time controller for a busy construction firm

Half time student

Mom of two beautiful wonderful intelligent happy talented daughters

Now, please join me in saying "Kris will not take on any more crapola or volunteer her time for anything else until her plate empties a bit".

I am working on the word "No".  I've danced around it, worked around it, tried to be nice about it.  I'm spent.

Thank you.  Thankyewverymuch.

****

Random question:  Does anyone else think Bush's nominee for the Supreme Court is a sacrificial lamb for Gonzales?  I mean, now he can say..."Well, I nominated a woman, but y'all wouldn't vote her in."  Again, Harriett who?

Like Leno says, "Now hiring for Supreme Court Justice - No Experience Necessary"

Whatever.

***

I had to purchase new winter clothes because my others are all too big.  Do y'all realize what an awesome feeling that is?  Having to buy clothes because you're swimming in the ones you have?

I'm digging it.

***

True story:

At one time, one of my dearest closest friends was an absolutely wonderful woman I went to college with in the early years (12 years ago).  Over time we lost touch - she got married, I got married, she graduated...

This weekend at Saggio's, I'm sitting in a booth facing south, and she's sitting in an adjacent booth facing north.  BAYUM!  It was like a long overdue reunion - tears being shed, a scene being made, loud laughter ensuing...

Turns out she just lost her father, and was feeling quite lonely and sad, when *POOF* ... Kris appears to make her smile and bring her a little bit of joy.

What an awesome feeling. 

***

Speaking of long lost friends, if A-ho happens to be reading this.  CONTACT ME NOW.  No arguments.  I miss you, and I'm tired of leaving messages.

***

My daughter begged me for what I thought was candy corn yesterday at Walgreen's.  So I bought her a dollar's worth, and it turns out to be "Indian Corn".  I don't name the stuff, I know its politically incorrect and things, but anyway, I digress....

The stuff was horrid.  Wretched, even.

Why mess with a beautiful thing like candy corn?  Just sayin', its Halloween season, don't fool with the classics.

****

This lyric is for my purposes only, based on an unhealthy addiction I have.

He's magic and myth
As strong as what I believe
A tragedy with
More damage than a soul should see
And do I try to change him
So hard not to blame him
Hold me tight
Baby, hold on tight

Oh cuz I don’t know
I don’t know what he’s after
But he’s so beautiful
He's such a beautiful disaster
And if I could hold on
Through the tears and the laughter
Would it be beautiful?
Or just a beautiful disaster

I'm longing for love and the logical
But he's only happy hysterical
I'm searching for some kind of miracle
Waited so long
So long

--Kelly Clarkson, Beautiful Disaster

Yeah, its scary, I know.  Trust me, I know.

****

So in an effort to try to make this journal suck a whole lot less, I hereby pledge to post something random, silly, or what I consider funny on a more regular basis.

I hope all of you are doing wonderfully, and I miss you guys tons.

Happy Humpday!

=)

7 comments:

mikethedawg said...

oh heck...join the crowd baby!
I love reunions w/ old friends, make life feel so much better.
Not really sure about the addiction and song lyrics...but whatever it is, you are strong and you will prosper.
About the new winter clothes thing...yay! That's great. I'm in the same boat, except I have no moula to buy new. Eek...still swimming.
I've missed you.  ~ Dawg

jeff466 said...

You sound like you have several plates full!  You would think saying NO would be an easy thing, it took me a long time to get there, but still to this day I sometimes get a twinge of guilt.

Congrats on having to buy a new winter wardrobe-that is a wonderful accomplishment.

Thanks for the candy corn chuckle!  Jeff

kuhlhiggins said...

Kris,
Glad to hear that you are doing good. Sound's like you have tons of things going on. In least you aren't bored. lol.
Love,
Kat

ravenlark2 said...

Been missing you hun and hope you're back in the swing of things soon.

Saying "No" every now and then is a virtue and a help in keeping your sanity. *wink*

WTG on the weight loss. It's expensive to buy new clothes but much more expensive to carry around extra weight. I'm still waiting on weight loss secrets from you. *Smiles*

{{{Hugs}}}

-Raven

toonguykc said...

read x-entertainment.com  !  He devotes alot of time to Halloween stuff.  Congrats on the weight loss!  You rock!

Russ

andreakingme said...

Now, Kris ... don't forget for WHOM you write this Journal.

YOU.

Whatever mood you're in or whatever you feel like posting at any given time, is just right. Anyone else who reads it and makes a connection is just icing on the cake.

Be who you need to be. Always.

jgrand1 said...

Hi Kris, Enjoyed your "random" thoughts  Meeting your friend in the restaurant is a good example of "synchronicity", being at the right place at the right time and it's never an accident.  The universe was conspiring to bring you together!  About all those organizations...well you are a Gemini so you probably LIKE acting like a windup doll; however, your stress factor will ease up with each "obligation" you manage to erase.  Good luck!
Jeanne
http://journals.aol.com/jgrand1/JeannesOracle/l