Thursday, November 3, 2005

Busted...

As many of you know I'm an accounting nerd, which translates to conservative dork on most days, but I'd like to think I don't fit the mold.  Perhaps I need to start behaving myself a little.

The other day I'm zipping along in my company-provided sports car jamming to Missy Elliott.  I mean jamming.  I love the song, I can't help it, so I was singing and car dancing.  Yes, car dancing.  You kinda dance as much as you can while restricted by the automobile and the seat belt.  Bopping is a good word for it.

So I'm at a stop light and I'm bopping, arms up, head moving... when I look to my right and see some colleagues (CPAs) in the car next to me, mouths agape.

!!!

So I turn my head slowly forward, lower my arms, and turn my head once again to the right.  This time both colleagues are hysterically laughing, snorting and pointing.

 

I'll never live this one down.

 

Missy Elliott :The Cookbook :'Lose Control'

8 comments:

gdireneoe said...

Hehe...gotta love the jam!  I've gotten "caught" in the car too. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

kuhlhiggins said...

It is cool Kris. Sometimes you just have to let lose and have a good time even when you are driving.
Love,
Kat

jmorancoyle said...

    I think you should get that on CD, plug in the earphones and bop your way into the office. Life that down? Why try? Enjoy the heck out of the music as much as you can. If the only thing your colleagues come away with is a good laugh, then everyone had a great time.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

ravenlark2 said...

Oh don't try to live it down.....be known as one of the only stuff shirts in the office that actually has rhythm. hehehehe

-Raven

jgrand1 said...

Hi Kris, Well of course you're bopping around, you're a Gemini, right?  I was catching up on your journal and read the entry about your significant other being significantly different.  Sounds like you are probably a good balance of traits.  Two people bopping in a car can be a bit much.  What sign is your hubby?  Give me his birthday and I'll do a quick check for you if you're interested.  Also give me your date of birth and we'll see how you line up!  
Jeanne x

patchmom said...

LOL I love this because I have been caught many a time too! My girls won't allow me to car dance or jam out too much while they are in the car - it would be too embarrassing to them. ; )

Thanks for your comment in my journal!
Steph

luvmort said...

I LOVE "LOSE CONTROL"! Everytime they play that at the club, I go ballistic and jump up and down behind the bar dancing like a total idiot!

boiseladie said...

Too funny!  I bet they are just jealous they weren't loving a song as much as you!