Monday, June 12, 2006

Pics!

Proof I graduated, as well as proof Emily inherited her Mom's focus skills:

That really is me with the dean, I promise.  Gawd that felt amazing.

The faboolous view from our hotel room:

There's a "European Style" pool where you can be almost nekked.  The girls and I didn't go there, but I can't tell you how many times I peered out the window just to see if anyone was that brave.  They were!

Crazy how ginormous these hotels are.

The trip was amazing.  We had such a blast!  Vegas is way too big a town for me - almost overwhelming - and I was ready to come home.  I didn't fall in love with it like I did New Orleans, but I have to say that was one of the best times the girls and I have ever had. 

I'm grateful to have been able to go.  I have an awesome boss!

Tonight is sooo bizarre - I'm home alone, which NEVER happens, and its creepin' me out!  Kayla's at Girl Scout camp for the first time ever, Em's at her dad's....so here I am.  Now I know where Carol was coming from, the aloneness is a bizarre thing when you're not used to it.  I'm glad its only for one night.  Gawd help me when they're gone and I'm alone all the time. 

Slowly but surely the stress is fading a little.  I think because of my ADHD and my lifestyle all these many years, I'm used to going 350 mph all the time.  Now that I don't have to, it feels funny.  I still have that drive and ambition, but nothing to focus it on.

ADHD and a Gemini- what a combination.  9 gazillion projects and not a single one finished - just "revised".

I'm still losing weight, slowly but surely.  I gained about 5 lbs during the last few weeks of school, and I've taken that off plus about a pound and a half more.  All in all I'm right at 53.5 lbs lost.  I switched plans at Weight Watchers - I'm now on the "core plan" which requires no tracking, no measuring...its completely mindless (good for me, I know) and I'm finally losing weight again.  I've still got a few pounds to go, but I'm so incredibly happy with how I look and feel now, any more weight loss is icing on that giant cake.

Well there, I've done my purgin for the day.  I'm off to read and relax...or try to.

4 comments:

boiseladie said...

Congrats on graduating!  The pic will be a great memory, blurry or not.  The hotel looks incredible, I'm glad you had a great time with the girls.  And, hats off to you with your continued weight loss.  I've been on WW since beginning of Oct, lost 35lbs by latter part of Dec, and have been steady since - no gain, no loss.  I need a jump start again.  You're doin' great!
http://boiseladie.blogspot.com/

jmorancoyle said...

    GOOD WORK! BE PROUD OF YOURSELF! Both of graduating and for the weight loss.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

jeff466 said...

Congratulations on graduating!!!  What an awesome feeling that was I'll bet!

Glad to hear you are still losing weight too :)

I love going to Vegas, sounds like you had fun!

Hope you are having a great week, Jeff http://pointclickjeff.blogspot.com/

luvmort said...

All in all, it sounds good to be you right now!

I wish I could say the same for me.