Wednesday, June 21, 2006

TMI?? Well, may-beh...

Another birthday came and went - the big 35.  I'm thankful to have another year in this beautiful place.  I loved Father's Day - saw my dad for a bit and hung out with my brother for a really long time.  It was awesome. 

We did this crazy thing that I suppose people do when they've had too much to drink.  Remember stiff as a board, light as a feather?  That game you played at slumber parties?  (Well pretend you remember if you don't!)  Its kinda like that.

My brother sat in a chair in the middle of the kitchen.  My brother's taller than me and not a tiny guy...so we'll say he weighs about 225.  Four of us stood around him, forming a square. (like two were directly across from each other and so were the other two.  I know I'm not making sense, work with me here!)  Each of us clasped our hands together, intertwining our fingers, and then made like a play gun with our hands - our two pointy fingers sticking out.  Then we each placed our hands like that under the chair and attempted to lift him.  As you can imagine, we were unsuccessful. 

Then, we each placed our hands over his head, one at a time, in order, about an inch between each hand.  As we were doing this, I could feel sort of an energy moving through my hands...it was so weird.  Anyway, so we held them there for a moment, and then we each removed our hands, one at a time, in the same order we'd placed them there.  Then, we made the little pointy finger gun with our hands and attempted to lift him again.  This time we lifted him very high, very quickly, and he wasn't heavy at all.

WHOA.  Now tell me - why did that work?!?!

I thought - okay this is stupid.  I hadn't been drinking, my daughter hadn't been drinking (obviously), so we knew it wasn't that.  So, we tried it again with Louie, with my daughter, and each time the result was the same.  My brother said he'd done it at a party with a 300 lb guy and the guy hit his head on the ceiling.

Spooked me out.  If anyone's ever heard of this - please let me know.  I'm starting to imagine some quantum physics explanation or something.  That SHOULD NOT have worked!

*************

Just gonna put this out there...

I'm having some surgery next week and I'm a little freaked about it.  I mean, its necessary (I'm not THAT stupid) but I'm a bit skeered.  I'll spend the night in the hospital and hopefully go home the next day. 

I haven't had surgery in like...20 years.  There's a lot involved in preparation and screening and more consent forms than I've ever seen in my life.  Yeah, I'm a bit nervous, but I know I'll be fine.  I get to have two of them this year, and let's just say I'll be glad when they're over.  Yes, I'm completely grateful to be able to have this done to improve my quality of life, and I'm grateful for the medical insurance and medical care I have access to.  I'm working on keeping the ultimate goal in mind:  improved quality of life.  I'll be even gratefuller when I wake up on the flip side and all is well.

Anywho...I'll see all of you in about two weeks. 

6 comments:

kuhlhiggins said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS. Hope that your surgery goes well.
Love,
Kat

bigalf42 said...

Hi Kris, you have never hard of me but I just read this blog and I can imagine how you feel about the operation; my wife, Fay, has just last week had a hernia op and it was her second such op in 10 months and she was still a bag of nerves.
   I hope everything goes well for you and that ypur recovery is quick and complete.
   I don't like reminding ladies of their advancing years but, what the heck, happy birthday to you and my best wishes to you and your family
   By the way I live in the city of Wakefield in West Yorkshire which is a county in the North of England

BigAlf42

http://journals.aol.co.uk/bigalf42/Anythinggoes/

philadlfiagrl said...

hey girl

good luck with ur operation!

yeah that light as a feather stuff is weird, but there is an energy that radiates from us...i feel it when my aunt does reike....its like she hovers her hands only like an inch and a half from ur body but u can feel heat and energy as if she's touching you, its weird!!!
there's some energy there...just dont expect anyone to know for sure what it is lol

lizzzzzzzzza

http://journals.aol.com/philadlfiagrl/lizaslife

jmorancoyle said...

    Good luck, Kris! I'll be thinking about you and praying for you.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

luvmort said...

We did that at work once and it worked. No idea why.

You will be O.K.! Good luck and we'll see you on the other side of the surgery!

jeff466 said...

Good luck on your surgery-I know what you mean, it's all so scary. Looking forward to your post after it is all behind you :)

Have a great week, Jeff  http://pointclickjeff.blogspot.com/