Monday, August 14, 2006

8/7/06-8/13/06

On August 9, my dear friend and mentor Colleen Regan passed away after failing to recover from a near-drowning accident on April 8.  Her partner has written up a wonderful description of Colleen, definately worth reading, here:  Colleen.  You can also read of her heroism in saving her drowning friend here.  

This woman helped me more than words can describe when I was struggling spiritually. She helped to guide me at a time when I was so incredibly lost.  I would never be as grounded and as successful today if I hadn't known her, and I feel blessed to be able to consider her one of my dearest friends.  I am going to miss her so much.

On August 11, my uncle passed away suddenly at 53 years old, after suffering a major heart attack.  Its crazy how you have these memories of people you grew up with and loved, and you take for granted that they'll just always be there.  I hadn't seen my uncle since they moved back to Texas over ten years ago.  He was way too young to die.

Another reminder to savor each and every breath you take, be thankful for each moment, and do your best not to take anything for granted.

 

 

8 comments:

memes121 said...

I'm sorry for your loss my friend.  Tammy  

cubbycub said...

I am so sorry for your losses. Remember they will always be there to guide.

philadlfiagrl said...

Im so sorry for your loss. I know what you mean about how you feel like that person will always be around...and then when they're not, it isss so strange. Maybe that's cause we still feel them around, we just cant see them anymore...
they're out there somewhere, probably watching over us....
xoxo
lizzzzzzza

http://journals.aol.com/philadlfiagrl/lizaslife

luvmort said...

I hope their memories comfort you always.  May they be in peace.

freeepeace said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Quite a week you've had.

jcgeorgiapeach said...

So very sorry for your losses.  :(  ~Tara

jibbie49 said...

Yes, many men drop dead from heart attacks around the age of 50, and it is such a shock to family and friends.  i worked at several hospitals and saw it happen over and over again, but nearly ALL of the patients had had some "funny" feelings or symptoms their family would admit afterwards, but it had been ignored.

Hope you do well on your weight loss.  Health is wealth.

bibs4jc said...

Hello Kris.
my name is Beverly also a gemni LOL
I really enjoyed reading your journal, we live in TX and our church helped out many of the Katrina people and heard stories about people loosing their homes etc. You were right when you said that we tend to be brats sometimes. I think we forget how lucky and blessed we are until we hear of someone elses tradigy's
Thank you for sharing your story it really touched my heart.

Beverly