Monday, October 1, 2007

Freedom and Guilt

The silly daily affirmation I got in my mail box this morning said something about freedom. 

I give myself permission to release bondage and oppression
from every level of the energy field.  I turn my attention to freedom.

The interesting thing about that is the emphasis on negative energy.  WHATEVER it is we're craving freedom from, today's the day to release it.  Bondage, oppression, a certain individual or thing (energy vampire), a negative feeling...let it go. 

So I did!

I've been feeling tremendously guilty for spending $136.36 this Saturday on some fall work attire.  I got four shirts and two pairs of pants for that at Kohls, and I felt so guilty it was sick.  I should have been celebrating!  Who gets that many new clothes for that amount of money!?! 

Kayla needs tennies real bad, some new riding boots and helmet, and Emily always needs something.  I bought them about $400 worth of clothes to start school with, and I feel guilty for dropping a little over $100 on myself.  That's about 1/3 of my total clothes expenditure for the year.  I think I've spent about $300 (including this weekend) on my professional attire for the year.

WHY do I feel guilty about stuff like that?  I work my butt off, earn the healthiest salary I've ever earned...and I feel guilty for $136.  I can afford it.

This whole month is about freedom, so I'm sure I'll think of a bunch more things to let go.  I usually blame this stuff on my upbringing (christian guilt and what-not) but this is ridiculous.  My children are well taken care of (spoiled rotten).  So, I'm letting it go.  I'm setting myself free from that negative guilt energy.

...and enjoying my new clothes.


 

1 comment:

jmorancoyle said...

    Better new clothes than going naked, which is about what would happen if you didn't buy. Good work, Kris. Glad you're back.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay