Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Random 1st Grade Facts & Gratitude


Quote of the day from Granny Moon:

The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials. ~ Chinese Proverb

*******************************************


Three things I didn't know yesterday, as told to me by three first graders on their way to recess:

"I have a cousin named Chris. He's already dead." Great that we have the same name, bad that he's dead.

"My brother killed a rabbit. We ate it. It was goooood. My brother gave me the hind leg to play with and it still moves!" Well there's an anatomy lesson...

"I saw a naked person!" He said this while slipping away, so teacher doesn't hear and he doesn't get in trouble...then quieter, "...in a magazine!" (runs away as fast as his little legs will carry him)

*************************

My annual (daily) gratitude list:

I'm completely thankful for:

My children, my angels, my babies...they continue to amaze me each and every day. I get to be their Mom!

My health. Those of you that have been reading for a while know that's not a given with me. Here's to good health, and continued good health.

My friends and family. My friends tolerate me so very well. I'm not worthy. Thanks for always putting up with my crap.

My job. I finally have a place I can go each day that I actually enjoy. I love what I do, and I'm paid very well for doing it. I try to never take that for granted.

My hitos. I feel like each animal I have in my life was heaven-sent, and I'm fortunate to have their little hearts in my life.

The little things. Multi-colored paperclips, a great song, my Elvis pens, the flowers in my yard, a car that starts each morning, a squoogie pillow, cinnamon iced tea, Dr. Pepper lip gloss, a smile, a hug and a squoogie pillow.

Life is still good.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

boiseladie said...

Hope your Thanksgiving is full of cherished memories........
http://boiseladie.blogspot.com/

jmorancoyle said...

    I love the sentiments. Happy Thanksgiving.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

jeff466 said...

It is good to have things to be thankful for!  I lost track of your for awhile as well!  I hope everything is going good with you and yours :)  

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, Jeff